The Blücher Memorial, Kaub
The monument in Kaub shows a true historical representation of Field Marshal Blücher in the standard field uniform he wore during the Wars of Liberation 1813-1815. On 18th June 1894, the anniversary of the memorable Battle of Waterloo, the Blücher memorial was ceremonially unveiled on the banks of the Rhine at Kaub. It was here that Blücher famously crossed the Rhine on New Year’s night 1813/14. The four metre high bronze sculpture on a granite plinth of the
same height was designed by the well-known Berlin sculptor Professor Friedrich Schaper. The bronze cast was made by the Gladenbeck foundry in Berlin-Friedrichshagen.