St. Clement’s Chapel, Trechtingshausen
The former parish church of St. Clement is picturesquely situated on the banks of the Rhine. The late Romanesque pillar basilica dates back to 1220/1230. It is the most southerly fully-preserved example of Lower Rhine architecture, characterized - amongst other things – by its vivid paintwork, trefoil windows and blind rose window in the west gable. Next to the old parish church stands the Chapel of
St. Michael, the former parish ossuary dating back to the first half of the 15th century.