Deutsch

Mutter-Rosa-Kapelle, Oberwesel

Wernerkapelle, Oberwesel
Wernerkapelle, Oberwesel

The present Mother-Rosa-Chapel (the former Werner Chapel) is actually the choir of an earlier larger hospital chapel founded in the year 1270. It was built on top of the older town wall and the battlement walk ran through it. It was destroyed in 1689 by French troops during the Palatinate War of Succession. In about 1700 only the choir was rebuilt and given a baroque cupola.

Opening-times

Open daily from 9am to 5pm