The yellow painted church building stands outside the town proper at the entrance to the Wisper Valley. The Chapel of the Cross was consecrated in 1677. In 1460 this was the site of an armed struggle between the Electoral Palatinate and Mainz. A cross was erected here in memory of the conflict and this was later replaced by the chapel. Every year on the first Sunday in May there is a Cross pilgrimage to the chapel.