Chapel at Stolzenfels Castle, Koblenz
The chapel at Stolzenfels Castle was built in 1845 and includes neo- Gothic, Baroque Revival and neo-Romanesque elements. King Friedrich Wilhelm IV was personally involved in the design. Its elegant, High Gothic architecture is particularly appealing. The wall paintings were modelled on those in the Chapel of St. Apollinaris in Remagen. The cycle of murals in the style of the Nazarenes are among the best works of the famous Düsseldorf School of painting.