Deutsch

Sooneck Castle, Niederheimbach

Burg Sooneck
Sooneck Castle

Burg Sooneck has been destroyed several times during the course of its history. In 1834 the castle ruins came into the possession of Crown Prince Friedrich Wilhelm of Prussia and his brothers. At the heart of the castle is a 14th century

residential keep. The interior houses displays of fine antique furniture and other valuable collections. The castle’s romantic, almost intimate atmosphere and the spectacular views make Sooneck well worth a visit.

Opening times

  • 1st April – 30th September from 10am – 6pm
  • 1st October – 30th November and 1st January – 31st March from 10am – 5pm
  • Closed December and on the first working day of each week